Thursday, June 18, 2009

Round and Round

I think I may have mentioned in my first post that my goal is to not just read the word of God, but to dig in deep and really get the word of God. So in light of that goal I decided to start with Genesis and move slowly, methodically, with deliberating seeking of God's revelation.

I am still working my way through the first few books of Genesis because of this.

I went to McKay's yesterday in order to get some more books/perspectives/interpretations on what I have been reading- Some I agree with, some that make my head spin around and around because it is really deep/intense/wordy, and some that just connect it with me and the larger picture of the Bible.

At times I feel like I've stepped in a quagmire and yet at other times I feel like God is using all of this to deepen my faith. Challenges make me think about why I believe what I believe.  If I disagree with a perspective I am finding that I now have verses (even when I can not specifically name them) that I have read that can back up what I think.

Even though I am not posting everyday, I feel like I am stewing, simmering, soaking,  and absorbing the word. I challenge you to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment